News & Blog
Seasonal recipe around walnut & honey !
Let's take advantage of our free time and put on the apron! What could be better than a moment shared around a homemade cake accompanied by a delicious organic herbal tea from our garden ... You will treat the taste buds of your loved ones and bring comfort to your cocoon in this winter season!
A cake ready in less than an hour: 15 minutes prep time & 35 minutes baking time
- 1. Blend 125g of organic walnut kernels.
- 2. Separate the whites from the yolks of 2 eggs. In a bowl, beat the yolks with 40g of soft butter then add 2.5 tablespoons of honey, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice & some of its zest.
- 3. Stir in 10g flour + 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (or 4g fresh yeast) and finally add the walnut powder.
- 4. Mix until the mixture is homogeneous, then incorporate with a wooden spoon your egg whites that you will have previously mounted with a pinch of salt.
- 5. Preheat your oven to 150°C. Pour the batter into a buttered & floured 20cm diameter pan and bake for about 35 minutes. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before unmolding (and yes a little patience!) then let it cool completely to room temperature.
Tip for the greediest;)
Before serving, heat 4cs of honey then lightly prick the surface of the cake with a fork and pour the hot honey over it! Plus, it's beautiful!
Why is walnut so good for us?
The walnut contains the ideal proportion of omega-3 fatty acids (considered good fats for cardiovascular health!) to have in our diet ;-). The walnut is also an excellent antioxidant, which means that it will counter the effects of cellular aging. Honey, on the other hand, is a natural antibiotic, in addition to being good, its antibacterial virtues will strengthen our immune system! It helps cure the common cold, heal your little boo-boos and comforts us before bed :-)
Nothing like a good organic Anti-Glagla Beauty Garden tea to accompany your snack in this cold period ;-)
How to make herbal tea
- - Boil 500ml of water at 80°C to 90°C.
- - Drop 3g (= 3cc) of anti-glagla herbal tea into your tea pot.
- - Pour simmering water into it and let it steep for 8 minutes.
Why is herbal tea so good for our health?
Our herbal tea consists of mallow & thyme (all sweet to soothe your throat) bramble & elderflower (a slightly sweet note on your palate) and all mixed together strengthens your immune system :-) It helps keep your body well hydrated.
Plus, this organic herbal tea is certified AB by the ECOCERT organization! 100% of the plants in this herbal tea are harvested by hand in our organic garden in Auriac, Corrèze. All in an ecological packaging and made in France !
You treat yourself by taking care of your body & mind ... So Bon Appétit!